Blog introduction from the author

Enhanced by more than 6 years of playing experience on fantasy premier league game, the author is here to share you the invaluable gaming experience and help you to enjoy the most from this fantasy game! I'll keep you updated with the tips from top fantasy blog writers as well as contributing a bit of my own ideas. Wish you the best on this fantasy game!

Featured fantasy blogs updates

Custom Search

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Gameweek 8 my team review



Honestly I expected more than this. The wrong captain choice costed me too much. However, considering the average score for this gameweek is only 40pts, maybe I should be happy that I'm still above average and managed to get a rise in overall ranking.

The gameweek also saw team "IDoDisDisDis...Gol!!" took over the lead from "Liverpool's No. 9..." with 594pts to 588pts. This is the first leader change in 4 gameweeks. It also proved that the players' form will keep changing and everyone has a chance to get good results from their team selections.

----------(-.-)----------


Now for this week's performance analysis:

Foster: 1 petty pt. Perhaps he's the one pundits had not been able to predict correctly... right, he may be unreliable yet, but United's midfield had not done good enough to provide the win. It might even be a 0-0. People had been criticising his performance, but I want to try believing in him once more.

Distin: 2pts. I thought Everton should be taking this easily but Sorensen was doing his job too. Too bad. Anyway, we got Wolves coming next. Might be somethig good.

Baines: Same 2 pts.

Evra: 4pts from the "assist" on own goal. He didn't get on target, but it was a nice shot.

Vermaelen: 7pts from a goal. Should have brought him in instead of Johnson 4 gameweeks ago. Or even from the beginning. Just I didn't know him well enough to take the 6.5 valued player from the season start.

Fabregas: My proudest transfer of this season. Just brought him in in time to take the jackpot. 1 goal and 4 assists plus 3 bonus pts makes 22pts. Now he's just one point behind fantasy score leader Drogba!

Elliott: 2pts. Burnley did won, but not with his help. Too bad.

Lennon: 2pts. Tottenham even struggled to make the draw. Now I'm doubting if they can hold Arsenal and Liverpool behind them at the EPL chart any longer.

Rooney(C): 2pts. Didn't take his chances well. Seriously he need to end his goal drought if he wants to stand in Ronaldo's boots.

Saha: 2pts. Some say he is subject to rotation as well. Maybe I should be happy that he still made the starting lineup?

van Persie: 7pts from a goal. One of the most consistent performer so far. Takes part in every Arsenal's wins.

----------(-.-)----------

What would it had been if I hadn't use the wildcard?

Hart 2
Evra 4
A.Cole 6
Johnson 1
Zayatte 12
Lampard 3
Rodwell 2
Delap 2
Rooney(C) 4
Saha 2
Drogba 8
Total:44

If I replace Lampard with Fabregas I would have got 63, which is higher than the points i got now! Maybe I have used my wildcard at the wrong timing?

But actually the use of wildcard is decided based on October's fixtures. I may have done badly for this gameweek, but I'm confident to get a better score on GW9. I have all the players from the team I expected to win in the next gameweek (MU, Ars, Eve, Tot). This also means I won't be making any changes for next gameweek. Anyway, let's see how true it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment